Tips On Creating Health Goals


Goal setting is very important especially when you want to lead a healthier life. Most people are unsuccessful in achieving their health goals. This is because their goals were not carefully planned. By turning these goals into SMART goals, you will find it easier to have a healthier lifestyle. SMART means specific – measurable – attainable – realistic and time-based. Below are some tips in making SMART goals that will help you take control of your health. 

Let us first list down the typical goals we think of as far as being healthy is concerned.

#1 Eating healthier
#2 Getting enough sleep
#3 Exercising
#4 Drinking lots of water

Now, let us take the first example and convert it into a SMART goal. 

#1 Eating healthier

Specific:
I will eat healthier by avoiding junk foods and fatty foods. 

Measurable:
I will eat one to two cups of mixed fruits and veggies for snacks in replacement to chips and sodas.

Attainable:
*Ask yourself first what you’re able to do.
 I will gradually cut my junk food intake as I get used to eating healthier foods.

Realistic:
I will gradually cut my junk food intake and slowly adapt to and enjoy healthy eating.

Time-Based:
I will gradually cut my junk food intake in a week’s time and eat only healthy foods by the end of the month. 

SMART health goals produce a lot of benefits. They will help you stay motivated and focused on what you want to achieve.  They will help you save time and energy. Thus, you can avoid being inconsistent with your efforts and getting inconsistent results.




Popular Posts