In a holistic perspective, good health cannot simply mean absence of disease or symptoms; rather, it is deemed as a state of optimal well-being and vitality. You can say that you're truly healthy when you're able to digest all the things and people you take into your body and life and eliminate whatever causes blockage, pain, sickness and stress in order to re-establish sound mind and body.
The body and mind are inextricably connected. When a thought comes into your mind, a cascade of cellular reactions sets up within our whole body. Our cells observe every thought in our minds and they're changed by these thoughts every second. Such a chain reaction affects our overall well-being and so we must strive to have a healthy mind and body balance. How? Observe each of the insights below.
Take the time to meditate. During meditation, the mind stays awake but quiet while the body is in a deep rest. Scientific researches on meditation show that meditation decreases possibilities of hypertension, heart disease, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and addictive behaviors.
Engage in daily exercise. Regular exercise has a powerful effect on muscle mass, strength, aerobic capacity, bone density, and cholesterol. Regular exercise also keeps the mind alive and promotes emotional well-being. Harvard University professor John Ratey, M.D. says that exercise sparks the biological changes that increase the brain’s ability to learn, adapt, and perform other cognitive tasks.
Make time for restful sleep. Six to eight hours is required to have a restful sleep each night. Restful sleep allows you to approach stressful situations calmly and positively. Inadequate sleep disrupts the body’s natural balance and weakens our immune system. Furthermore, it causes weight gain, depression, and premature aging process.
Release emotional toxins. Emotional toxins come in the form of unprocessed anger, hurt or disappointment. They contribute to the toxicity level in our body and they need to be eliminated. Identify the things the emotions you want to release. List them down and the strategies by which you can get rid of them effectively. Then, journal personal improvements you acquire in the process.
(Note: I don't own this video. All credits to the owner/publisher.)
Monday, March 14, 2016
Monday, March 7, 2016
5) Get a thorough massage.
6) Exercise regularly and sweat out more.
7) Have thorough body massage.
8) Consume fiber in its natural form.
9) Fast for at least a couple of days on a regular basis.
10) Get enough sleep at night (10 pm onwards).
11) Avoid environmental toxins.
12) Meditate to clear your mind.
13) Give up simple carbohydrates, white sugars and fried foods.
14) Incorporate superfoods in your daily meals.
15) Mange your stress levels in a healthy manner.
16) Choose natural remedies instead of antibiotics and other medicines when you feel sick.
17) Massage your pressure points to increase blood circulation.
18) Embrace whole foods and stay away from additives and preservatives.
19) Avoid common sources of toxins - alcohol, caffeine, processed foods and tobacco.
20) Be aware of your body signals.